There will be a public hearing on Tuesday, December 21, 6 p.m., at City Hall to discuss a proposed 14-story, 77-unit condominium planned for 808 SE 4th Street (in Los Olas across the river from Rio Vista’s Abreu Place) on a 0.57 acre lot. Following the hearing, the city commission will vote whether to approve the proposed building shown in the architectural rendering below.
Register at https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-a-h/city-clerk-s-office/commission-meeting-speaker-card if you’d like to speak at the public hearing. You must attend in-person to participate. The speaker card registration requires you to include the agenda item number, which will be available on Thursday, December 16 at: https://fortlauderdale.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx. Click on the December 21, 6 p.m. agenda, and scroll down to the public hearing section to find the file # 21-1110: De Novo Hearing – Consideration of a Quasi-Judicial Resolution for Site Plan Level III Application – 808 SE 4th Residences – Case No. R19052 – 808 SE 4th Street – (Commission District 4).
The association recieved the following notice.
I represent Federal Highway Holdings, the owner of property located at 777-789 S. Federal Highway within the City’s RAC-CC zoning district. The owner filed an application to vacate a portion of a remnant alley (10’ wide x 124’ long) that runs through the property. A location map is attached to this email for reference.
As part of the application process, we are required to notify neighborhood associations within 300’ of the DRC meeting. Below is the information date, time and place of the DRC meeting:
Date/Time: Tuesday January 11, 2022 at 9:30am
Place (if attending in person): Urban Design and Planning Division, 700 NW 19th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Virtual: There is also an opportunity to attend virtually. Instructions for attending the meeting virtually should also be on the City’s website.
The agenda and comments are typically posted on the City’s website on the Friday prior to the meeting date. The link to the agenda is as follows:
On behalf of the RVCA Board of Directors and in response to requests of Rio Vista residents I have been attempting to have permanent 4 way stop signs added to SE 11 Avenue in Rio Vista since early 2019.
We have come to a point where we are in need of additional advocacy from your office as this matter is beyond the scope of City authority despite extensive work from Sorensen and TAM. Some background:
- In May of 2019 a County traffic study found 4-way stops signs not warranted based on the guidelines. (attached & below)
- In December of 2019 subsequent to a sewer main break temporary signs were placed at SE 7 Street and SE 8th Street along SE 11 Avenue as a part of an MOT to address construction traffic. No complaints about the additional stop signs were provided to the RVCA at any point.
- In June of 2021 the County conducted an additional traffic study making the same findings. (attached & below)
- In Summer 2021 the County advised the signs at SE 8th Street and SE 7th Street on SE 11 Avenue were not permitted to be at the locations. With the help of City TAM we were able to keep them there due to ongoing work still related to the sewer main break.
- On November 19, 2021 the County required the signs be removed, residents were outraged and flooded my email with complaints, which were reiterated at our General Meeting.