Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis Announces Additional Proactive Measures in Response to Coronavirus
- All public gatherings of any type, whether organized or otherwise, of greater than 10 persons are prohibited. Exemptions include grocery stores, gas stations, convenience stores, banks, credit unions, financial institutions, hardware stores, auto supply stores, hospitals, healthcare and medical facilities, pharmacies, drug stores, medical supply companies, as well as land or facilities owned and managed by Broward County, the Broward County School Board, the North Broward Hospital District, the State of Florida, and the Federal Government.
- All bars, nightclubs, taverns, pubs, cocktail lounges, breweries, dance halls, movie theaters, halls for hire, auditoriums, bowling alleys, video arcades, and other like entertainment facilities and businesses, including but not limited to those contained within a hotel or other enclosed facility or structure, shall close.
- All gyms, fitness centers, fitness studios, dance studios, and gymnasiums shall close. This regulation shall not apply to gymnasiums, fitness centers, and fitness studios which: (a) are amenities of hotels or office buildings and which have a capacity of 10 persons or less; and (b) are an amenity of residential buildings.
- All restaurants, cafeterias, and other food service establishments are mandated to cease all on-premises service. However, such establishments may continue to operate their kitchens for drive-thru, delivery, take-out, and exterior pick-up food services.
- All City parks, including recreational facilities, are closed.
February 21, 2020 – The City of Fort Lauderdale is working with David Mancini & Sons to replace approximately 2,500 feet of sewer main in Rio Vista. Beginning Wednesday, February 26, the following road closures will be in effect:
- There will be no access across SE 9 Avenue at the intersections of North Rio Vista Boulevard, SE 5 Court, SE 6 Street, and SE 6 Court. Motorists will be detoured via SE 7 Street, SE 8 Street, and SE 11 Avenue.
- Roads in the immediate vicinity of Virginia Young Park are closed including a portion of SE 10 Street east of SE 9 Avenue, as well as a portion of South Rio Vista Boulevard east of SE 9 Avenue.
- SE 9 Avenue is closed from south of the intersection at SE 8 Street to Ponce de Leon Drive and between SE 11 Court and SE 12 Street.
- There is no access across SE 9 Avenue at the intersections of SE 9 Street, SE 10 Street, South Rio Vista Boulevard, and the north side of Ponce de Leon Drive.
- The intersection of SE 12 Street and SE 10 Avenue is closed. Traffic will be detoured via SE 12 Court.
For more info, see https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/Home/Components/News/News/3945/16?backlist=/home